Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Google World Wonders

This is a GREAT idea for history and geography teachers of all ages; I absolutely love so many of the things that Google has developed for education!!  The Google World Wonders Project is definitely something I'm going to be using next year with my history students.  I think it will be neat, and I loved exploring it myself!

As the article states, "When you explore a site, you get Google’s street view of the site, information about the site, YouTube videos related to the site and Getty images of the site." This can make different places "come alive" for students, and you can basically take a virtual field trip just about anywhere in the world.  (You can even go to places that no longer exist!)  Google even has ideas and things for teachers to download and use in their classrooms.  Go Google!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another great resource! I just added it to my delicious stack! :)

    I love the idea of using Google World Wonders for virtual field trips. The website is very easy to navigate. The article also gives some great ideas. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete