Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Project Based Learning

This article on project-based learning in a small Texas high school was interesting to read. I really would like to learn more about the types of projects, etc. that the school does. Their graduation rate (98%) is exceptional, and I was also impressed by the fact that not one child has dropped out in the five years the school has been open!  I'd be interested in learning how many students they have per class, though.  I was also impressed by the fact that many of these students go on to college and are the first in their families to do so.  In this day of testing, I have been reading more and more articles about the value of PBL!  I wonder if this is the way of the future to raise test scores?  Or is it another bandwagon on which to jump?  (I don't actually believe it is just the latest fad, but many of my colleagues do!)

1 comment:

  1. I do mostly project based learning in my computer class becuase Ifind it is the best way to measuer skill levels in the students with computers. This article was very interesting and to think that more classes maybe doing what I have always done is interesting but I can say that I am yet to come to a decision of wether or not it is the best idea for all classes.

    ReplyDelete