Tuesday, June 5, 2012

More PBL!!!

In the article, "PBL:  What Does It Take for a Project to be 'Authentic'?", the author describes what makes a project authentic or not.  The author seems to side with many teachers (myself included) in that sometimes it is unrealistic to make your WHOLE learning environment "authentic."  In these cases, simulating real-world experiences (for example, having students "pretend" to be a Presidential advisor) may be the best a teacher can do.

I liked some of the project ideas offered in the article.  For example, having students create a website about books they like could be used at any grade level!  I hope to incorporate something like this in my English 10 class next year.  I also agree with the author that truly authentic projects are usually the most successful, but in lieu of being able to do one, a simulation of sorts is a good second choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment